This Chipotle ad has making the rounds lately. The company seems to be doing fast food the right way, if that can be said. It’s been my favorite chain for a while because of its focus on local, organically raised meats. With the odd exception, I tend to eat vegetarian when I’m out if I know the chicken, beef, or pork is industrially raised. More and more places, however, are wising up to the consumer trend of wanting local and ethically raised meat, so that’s good news for eaters like me.
I’ve got a busy weekend ahead: I’m going to start packing for Spain, attend the baptism of a sweet little girl named Sophie, and spend time with my hubby on Monday because he has the day off — yay! Here are some fun items I found to share with you as we head into the weekend…
- Great advice from style icon Iris Apfel (spotted on Design Mom).
- Wendell E. Berry — noted poet, essayist, novelist, farmer, and conservationist — will deliver the 2012 Jefferson Lecture in the Humanities at the Kennedy Center this April, and the SlowMama crew will be there!
- Great tutorial on making a citrus twist garnish.
- And the Oscar goes to… a cloistered nun?
- I’d love a cottage like this.
- When pouring water over your toddler’s head is all you can do to stay sane.
Have a slow weekend, and see you back here on Monday!