by Margaret Cabaniss
I got one last travel update from Zoe yesterday: She and B made the first leg of their flight to Dubai in (more or less) one piece, and right about now they should be closing in on New York City, and hopefully headed for home soon after! I know she’ll have lots to share next week, and I, for one, can’t wait.
Any big plans for the weekend? I’m hoping to make a quick day-trip to the beach on Saturday, in an attempt to forestall my usual End-of-Summer Freakout. I know that we’re technically only about halfway through the season, but with back-to-school notices popping up everywhere, it feels like we’re already gearing up for fall. I am just not ready for that quite yet. Bring on the beach, the summer heat, the paddling down lazy rivers…
Whatever your plans, here are a few links to check out on your way into the weekend:
- More great uses for tomatoes! (I love the photo styling with butchered chicken, too.)
- When it comes to clothes, how much is enough?
- Thinking about autocorrect, and how it thinks for us: “The better Autocorrect gets, the more we will come to rely on it. It’s happening already. People who yesterday unlearned arithmetic will soon forget how to spell. One by one we are outsourcing our mental functions to the global prosthetic brain.”
- I always found the coconut-water craze a little mystifying, so this article was pretty gratifying. Are you a fan?
- I think my Hobbit-loving nephews would lose their collective minds if I could rustle up one of these for a future birthday…
Have a great weekend, and see you — and Zoe! — back here on Monday.
Image: via Pinterest, source unknown