I can’t believe it’s August. Where is the summer going? There are numerous things I haven’t done yet and want to… recipes to try, outings to enjoy, books to read, trips to take…
A friend was just telling me that during the first couple of days in August she always panics that fall will arrive before she gets to everything on her summer to-do list.
Do you do the same thing?
I know many families are starting to gear up for school in a few weeks, and vacations end soon. Before another day goes by, it’s good to take stock of what you may want to enjoy before summer heads into fall. Is it getting to the beach? Reading a few of your favorite magazines? Cocktails with your girlfriends? Finishing a sewing project? Whatever it is, plan the time to do it now.
As I do that myself, here are a few links to take you into the weekend…
- Who knew car seats can be toxic?
- These would be ideal in our tiny row house.
- Yet another reason I’m not a fan of dieting.
- A great kitchen makeover!
- A simple bread recipe (and healthy, too.)
- So much to say about this, but you really don’t want to get me started.
- The faces of drought and famine in East Africa hit home for me in a new way now that we’re adopting from that part of the world. I’m making a donation to this organization. There are many others and I hope you’ll consider helping.
See you back here on Monday!