I’ve been coaching individuals and groups for over seven years. I trained with the Coaches Training Institute, the most established coaching school in the world, and received my certification in 2008. I also have a master’s degree in counseling and a background in therapeutic work and group therapy.
Currently, I maintain a part-time coaching practice. I assist clients with many issues and mainly coach by telephone. If you’re interested in finding out more, please contact me here.
In the meantime, here’s a little more information about coaching…
You may have heard of life coaching, but aren’t quite sure what it means. In a nutshell, it’s a partnership between a coach and a client for the purpose of facilitating change in the client’s life. The process involves setting goals, building new habits, developing capacities, and shifting into new ways of being, thinking, and taking action.
People hire coaches for all kinds of reasons… to help them make important decisions, change their lifestyle, achieve better health, change careers, deal with transitions, find better work-life balance, improve relationships, and deal with areas in which they are stuck.
Coaching isn’t therapy. It doesn’t deal with mental illness or spend a lot of time analyzing the past. Instead, it focuses on where you are right now, where you want to go, and how you’re going to get there. Coaching provides support, encouragement, insight, feedback and accountability. The process often requires homework, like reading and writing exercises, or specific tasks to accomplish. These are tailored to the client’s unique needs and preferences.
A coach can help you:
- Define your values, needs, goals, talents, and skills.
- Overcome the challenges, obstacles, and fears that hold you back.
- Find your purpose and mission in life.
- Reduce your stress and chaos.
- Find better work/life balance.
- Get better organized.
- Stop procrastinating.
- Learn to be a woman of influence.
- Start a new career or home business.
- Get the support you need for a project or goal.
- Improve your communication skills.
- Enjoy more fulfilling relationships.
- Take control of your health and fitness.
- Make a big decision.
- Create a “Slower” life.
If any of the following statements sound like you, coaching can help:
- I still don’t know my purpose in life.
- My relationships aren’t fulfilling.
- I don’t know where to begin to make changes.
- I feel frustrated because I can’t seem to accomplish what I want.
- My career is unfulfilling.
- I wish I were better organized.
- I have too much stress in my life.
- It would help me to have more support and accountability.
- I want to get in shape, eat better, and enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
- I wish my life reflected more what I believe in.
- It feels like something is missing in my life.
- I have trouble reaching my goals.
- I don’t even know what my goals are.
- I have fears that keep me from action.
- I’m stuck in a rut.
- I focus so much on the past or daydream about the future, I can’t enjoy the present.
- I feel trapped by my circumstances.
To find out more about coaching with me, please contact me here.